Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Frustrated

My husband never talks about the little things about life. I feel like big chunks of his life are a mystery to me. If wanted to know what he did on a daily basis: what he ate, where he slept, what his leisure time was like. He thought all of that was too boring to share, so I have to drag details out of him. Usually I get one-word answers. I eventually will give up trying to picture what his life is like while he's downrange.

I blogged about this not long ago and two comments come to mind. He can picture me sitting at my desk, eating in my kitchen, doing my hair in the bathroom because these are familiar things, so he has a visual. For me, I have no visual, so unless he sends tons of video/photos I have nothing to help me "see" what he's doing, so I ask questions - 'whats the chow hall like?" "what are you eating?" "how are the bathrooms?" "describe your room.". When I have to frame of reference my mind tries to create ones, which if left to it own accord will be drawn by fears and insecurities.

The second comment that comes to mind is friend that replied, "Sounds like your husband 'forgot to unpack his adjectives'. Which totally crack's me up.

I love him dearly though.

No comments:

Post a Comment